SIM card registration is now required by law for SIM card users in the Philippines. The purpose of this law is to reduce scamming and spamming incidents. Telecommunication providers in the Philippines, including Smart, have created platforms for users to register their SIM cards.
To register your Smart SIM card, you need to provide the following information: mobile number, One-Time Password (OTP) sent by Smart, full name, birth date, complete address, gender, and nationality. Additionally, you need to have a valid government-issued ID and a clear selfie photo with a simple background.
Here is a list of government-issued IDs accepted by Smart for the registration process:
– Philippine Identification
– Social Security System ID
– Government Service Insurance System E-Card
– Driver’s License
– National Bureau of Investigation Clearance
– Police Clearance
– Firearms License to Own and Possess ID
– Professional Regulation Commission ID
– Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID
– Overseas Workers Welfare Administration ID
– Bureau of Internal Revenue ID
– Voter’s ID
– Senior Citizen’s Card
– Unified Multi-purpose Identification Card
– Person with Disabilities Card
– Other valid government-issued ID with Photo
To register your SIM card, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Smart portal at http://www.smart.com.ph/simreg.
2. Enter your mobile number and receive your One-Time Password (OTP).
3. Input your information, upload your valid ID, and upload your selfie.
4. Wait for an SMS confirmation.
Remember to register your SIM card to avoid deactivation. For further updates, you can follow Smart’s social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter, or subscribe to their YouTube channel.